Want to join a Book Group with nearly 66,000 members? – here is your chance – and quite delightful to see all these people READING! [and tweeting about it!]
[Image from NYTimes: nice to see Pride and Prejudice there!]
Here is the article in the New York Times Book Review from this past weekend [May 20, 2012] by Jeff Howe, the originator of 1book140:
- Books with 140 Characters
- Here is the twitter account to join 1book140.
- Follow the hashtag #1book140 to join in the discussion.
- Read this for everything you need to know to participate
- And visit here at The Atlantic to vote on the monthly selection: June is currently up for grabs for a whodunit: [with Hammett and Eco fighting it out as we speak – you have until Friday to vote] [oh god, please not that long Eco thing…]
The May book currently being discussed in the travel-writing category is Mark Twain’s Innocents Abroad.
Why not join the conversation? As Mr. Howe says as he ends his NYTBR essay, “Maybe the book isn’t dying, after all. It’s just getting a social life.”
[The Atlantic 1book140 logo]